Friday, October 1, 2010

Something More


You can break my guitar and you can break my bones,
But you're never gonna break my heart.
You can forget the words and where the melody goes,
You can take it back to the start.
You can take the red pill, have your mind set free,
But if you don’t like what you find then don't blame me.
Is that the way it's gonna be?

I'm not satisfied,
There's gotta be something more to life,
Feelings I cannot hide,
I'm lonely.

You can sing about your woes into a microphone,
But it's never gonna be enough.
You can cross the world through every desert known,
But we'll never be far apart.
You can leave behind everything that you've known
Feeling out done and overgrown.
To late to say I told you so.

I'm not satisfied
There’s gotta be something more to life,
Feelings I cannot hide,
I'm lonely

(c) Chris Summertime 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment