Saturday, January 8, 2011

Like a Thief


I always start with good intentions,
And somehow they descend into the void and rise in distant memories.
You whisper to my conscience,
But this guilt, my only constant, starts to scream.
You seem as distant as a dream.
As distant as you seem, if you pinch me, I will scream!

You said you’ll come like a thief. I won't lie, I've been hoping
I sleep with one eye open.
The world cries “Peace and Safety!” but on their words they’re choking
I sleep with one eye open.

This song is my last confession, and my latest obession. 
In true form I’ve lost myself in this again.
You said, “Seek not melodies, but seek justice for the needy.”
Break me down,
And make this heart of stone bleed.

Just like a thief in the night,
No time to run, no strength to fight,
There right before your eyes,
The world will meet its demise,
And all our gold turns to rust,
And all our castles to dust,
In your presence.

(c) 2010 Chris Summertime.


This is the latest song that I've completed. I started it, sitting by the fireplace in Ireland just after New Years, 2010, and finally finished it about a month ago. I've run through the song a few times with my mate Josh and it's been mad to play. I can't wait to record it.

No comments:

Post a Comment